Sunday, March 30, 2008

New Hampshire, the magic kingdom

I must say, I don't understand all those crazy Yanks who say, "I hate snow. It's fun for one day and then after that, it's just dirty slush." Whatever. I'd like to banish them to a world without snow. Deep down, they'd hate it. I've spent my whole life in the south with the yearly threat of a half centimeter of accumulation that sends the whole world to the grocery store to pick up extra milk and bread (for milk sandwiches). Of course, that snow doesn't happen and I'm left with only disappointment.
But New Hampshire isn't like that. In March, they say it's gonna snow, and it snows. They say it's gonna be sunny, and it snows a little, and then the sun comes out. It's like extended Christmas. Where else in the world can Owen build an imaginary girlfriend to make out with? (I'm sure that picture wasn't posed) Where else can people hurdle themselves down a mountain with one or two boards strapped to their feet for at least 5 months out of the year? Sure, there are a lot of places like that...and their awesome.

2 comments:

Holly said...

You named the snowman, Zeke?

Anyway, I'm glad you guys had fun. I'm only sad that you didn't get to see me on the way home.

pageda said...

Hampton roads gets snow...I'll never forget the blizzard of 1989. 8 inches of dirty snow!