Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Homecoming


Charlotte is home. I cannot tell you how surreal that is. She had open-heart surgery a week ago today. I am blown away. Sometimes I'm holding her close, and I start to cry. I'm overwhelmed by God's answers to our prayers. There was a point at which I was afraid to walk in her room, because I was afraid she wouldn't make it through surgery to live there. And now she is just like any other newborn (minus the giant healing wound on her chest)--sleeping, eating, and pooping. By the way, she projectile pooped on me today. Will thought that was absolutely hilarious. And on a similar note, Owen let out a giant poot the other day and declared, "I made a honk!" I should really be getting some sleep, so that's all for now.

P.S. Isn't Will the best dad ever? He started a fire outside in the freezing cold, just so Owen could roast some marshmallows. Too cute.

6 comments:

Nothing but the Krums said...

Will and Christy
I heard about this through Leigh. I'm so glad that you are home and doing well. Ryan and I have been praying for you. She is adorable! God's Blessings on all of you.
Tracey Krumroy

Teresa said...

I'm so glad she is home. She is a miracle. We miss you. I'll see you this weekend. By the way, I see Owen got his haircut.
Love you all
Mom

amy alley said...

yay! so glad she is home!! we love ya'll!

askewheels said...

Praise God! What a wonderful blessing!!

Gill said...

That is truely amazing, what an awesome God we serve and what a strong little girl you have. We are so excited for you!!!

aateacher said...

Your mom gave me your blog address at the funeral home the other night. It was quite a reunion as you have probably heard. So glad to see that Charlotte is home and doing well. I'll be praying for you guys.
Ashley