Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer Hiatus


So I've noticed that many of my friends and acquaintances are on a bit of a summer hiatus from their blogs, so I thought I would post something, just to give you regular blog-checkers-with-nothing-to-read something to do. I was thinking in the car today about little bits of info that I have acquired that others might find useful:
1. Dawn dishwashing detergent is fabulous for removing grease stains on clothes (I never wear an apron and therefore am constantly splattering my clothes with oil in the kitchen).
2. You do NOT need to get your oil changed every 3000 miles. Read your manual. Most car manufacturers recommend either 5000 or 7500 miles.
3. Your local library probably has most of the movies that you spend money to rent. You might have to wait an extra month to see it, but it will be free. Just put it on reserve and you get an email when it comes in.
4. Consignment and thrift stores are a gift from God. I buy all of my clothes there. I purchased a Guess skirt (that's still in style) for $3. Get over the whole, "eww, someone else wore this," problem and realize that you park your bare butt on a toilet seat that MANY others have used every single day.

If you have any bits of wisdom, please share.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Ground turkey is cheaper and better for you than ground beef. It tastes great in spaghetti, tacos, sloppy joes, and even as a hamburger!
Those are my words of wisdom.

Christianne Page said...

You know how oreos always get stuck in your teeth and you're left hoping you don't get a cavity before you can brush again? Chomp a baby carrot after your oreo and it will get your molars squeaky clean. Yup, that's it. Oreo carrot chasers. Your teeth will thank me.

em and pete said...

You don't squat to protect your bare butt?

Holly said...

emily, that's what i was wondering. christy, haven't you heard of hovering?

Mama Bee said...

Thanks for the hints with the detergent and oil stuff... Great idea!

Tracy said...

Squat! stay clean AND you work those thighs -- especially on a #2.