Monday, June 16, 2008

My Architect



Is that not the cutest little boy ever? He's participating in his latest favorite activity...building. Mostly he's content to build quietly, constructing castles, garages, and rockets, but occasionally, he wants a building companion. As you can see, this fine structure is a garage (since there is a pickup truck parked inside). It is I who insists on making them look like castles, with columns and triangles perched on top. I had done just that when Owen decided he didn't like my triangle or the fact that I put a ramp on the other side, so he removed them. It is usually when he starts removing my additions that I decide to quietly bow out of the building process, so I slunk away to the couch to read my book. He immediately stops building and says in the sweetest voice ever, "Mommy, build with me." As I pick up book to read, I calmly explain that it's not much fun to play if he always takes apart the parts that I build. Then I hear, "See, isn't that nice?" I look up to find my triangle back on top, the ramp in place, and my little boy smiling the most endearing smile. How can you resist after that? So back on the floor I went.

1 comment:

The Sandovals said...

yup. barely know you. snooped anyways, and he IS just about the cutest kid ever!! (3rd to mine. . )god bless. . .katie sandoval