Saturday, June 7, 2008

Can You Get Paid to Watch Movies?

I love watching movies. I like to blame it on my parents owning a video store at one time, but in reality, I think it's genetic. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Somehow I managed to marry a fantastic husband, who unfortunately does not share my passion for film. So, alas, I wait for a rotation that involves far too many night shifts and go crazy. I have watched a ridiculous number of movies in the last few weeks. As best I can recall, I have seen: An Unfinished Life, Because I Said So, Becoming Jane, We Are Marshall, Knocked Up, Chicken Little, Monster-in-law, Fargo, Enchanted, and A History of Violence. I tried to get through Away From Her but it was just too darn depressing. And so many more movies that I want to watch! The list just keeps growing. So if you've seen any great ones lately, please share. Oh, and the list above isn't a recommendation list. Loved some, hated others. If you haven't seen An Unfinished Life, you should give it a try; it was my favorite.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

We saw the new Indiana Jones movie yesterday. Awful. Two hours I'll never get back. But we rented Dan in Real Life a couple of days ago and loved it. Best date movie I've seen in awhile.

Amanda said...

I think it is genetic, but it really doesn't help that we grew up in a video store for several years. Are you ever gonna watch Stay so I can see if I'm the only clueless movie watcher?

Emsamum said...

If you haven't seen P.s. I love you or Into the Wild those are must sees. Cloverfield was also awesome. Kung Fu panda will make you pee your pants laughing. I'm hoping to go see The Happening this weekend. Love Shaymalan.

Teresa said...

If it is genetic, then you know it came from your father and not me. I spend my time watching shows that I don't discover until they are cancelled,ex. Jag and The Pretender.