Thursday, November 20, 2008

Big spoon

Last night I led my 9th grade girls small group. We are discussing purity over the next few weeks, and the discussion last night included a brief mention of spooning. This led one of the girls to question my current ability to spoon (due to my ginormous belly), to which I indignantly replied, "I can still be the front spoon!" As I was sharing this story with Will afterwards, he declared, "You mean the little spoon. I'm the big spoon, you're the little spoon." I immediately assumed this was my husband being argumentative, and that he had just made up these phrases. He insisted that he had not. So we did what we always do...we looked it up on the internet.

www.urbandictionary.com
1. big spoon votes: 141 up, 8 down
in spooning, the big spoon is the person in the back
Men are usually the big spoon.

Oops.

1 comment:

em and pete said...

sooo...i thought this would be about how you like to have the little spoon for eating. glad to know it carries over into other aspects of your life.