Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our baby girl

I'm sitting here at my computer, trying to be productive. Meanwhile, I'm being attacked from the inside by little arms and legs. It's wonderful. Which leads me to this post. Please pray for our little girl. We have learned in the past few weeks that she has a heart defect. In the simplest terms, two of the vessels that leave her heart are connected to each other, and her aortic arch is on the right (instead of the left) side of her body. The heart itself appears to be fine and working as it should. We do not know what this will mean for her in the future. It could be that she will need surgery after she is born. We have an appointment with a pediatric cardiologist in December to learn more.

We appreciate your prayers during this time, though I insist that this is not a time for worry. God has shown me over and over again that He is my comfortor, provider, and lover of my soul. I have always clung to Philippians 4:6-7 in times of struggle and therefore feel a peace that transcends understanding. Our pastor shared in church today that the most repeated command in the Bible is to not fear. God knows our tendencies and knows that they lead to nothing but further anxiety. So please pray for continued peace and trust in Him.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Matthew 6:34

We love you!

em and pete said...

We're praying, for you and Will and your little girl!

Emsamum said...

I am just now getting caught up with things after being without internet for a while. Fred and I will pray most fervently for this sweet girl and for you and Will and God's peace on your lives. He is the master physician and if He could get Noah and I through He can do the same for you. All our love.