Thursday, March 19, 2009

I love milk

God bless the person who invented the baby swing. It took about ten tries, but I finally got a shot of her with the swing in the center of the photo (maybe I should have just taken a picture before I turned it on...hmm...oh well). As I mentioned before, Charlotte is a good bit fussier than I'm used to, so I'm incredibly grateful for any apparatus that allows me to put her down and not hear screaming as a result. This Cadillac of baby swings goes either side-to-side OR front-to-back. Amazing. Thanks so much to the Alleys for blessing us with this glorious gift. This is related to the title of my post, I promise. Because of said fussy daughter, I'm going to give up dairy for a week. Total insanity. I adore all things dairy (except cottage cheese--anything that looks like it's already gone bad should not be put in your mouth). I can drink a gallon of milk by myself in four or five days. Yogurt is one of my favorite snacks. Cheese goes on everything. However, my daughter poots and poops like nothing I've ever seen. And she's not happy about it. So at her doctor's appointment today it was suggested that I stop consuming dairy for a week to see if it makes a difference. I don't know whether to hope that it will (so she won't be fussy) or hope that it won't (so I can resume drinking milk every morning). I suppose this is where I put her needs above my own and hope for a big change, but I'm not going to like it.
And on a totally different note, meet Frosty. Our whole inch of snow two weeks ago was just enough for Will and Owen to make a 12 inch snowman. Isn't he cute?

5 comments:

Holly said...

i would be in big trouble with no cheese or ice cream in my diet! nice swing and she's wearing her little outfit we sent! love the snowman too.

Teresa said...

There are some soy milks out there that are actually very good. Once when I was at Sam's Club I got to try Silk and it was very tasty. You might want to give it a try. You drank soy milk when you were a baby, so maybe it's time to go back to your roots.

pageda said...

i DON'T believe it....you caved.

Teresa said...

Well it has been a week. Did it help? I hope so. Keep us posted.

Tom said...

Praise God for high tech baby gear and dirty snow, it's amazing what He can use to bring us Joy. You guys are daily in my prayers.