Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Everybody say, "Aww"



Maybe I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure I have the cutest kids in the world. But anyways, just thought I'd let all you inquiring minds know that we're doing well here in the Alley house. Charlotte is amazingly like every other newborn, though a bit fussier than her brother was back in the day. She's quite a good eater now though, so praise God for that. She had her follow-up appointments with Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery. They were all very pleased with her healing. However, her aorta does show a bit of narrowing where they made the repair, so please pray that it will stretch with her as she grows. They're going to keep an eye on it for the next six months. If it does not, then she will be back in for another cardiac cath with a balloon to increase the diameter of the aorta. This would by no means be the end of the world (God has done such bigger things in her already), but we'd rather not send our baby girl back into the hospital.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I love the pictures. How about emailing them to me so I can make copies. I need something new to brag with. Can't wait til Friday.

Christianne Page said...

Awww.....! I don't think I've ever seen her awake and not crying. :) So cute. It was good to see you today! Tell Will to stop by whenever and pick up the exercise ball if you want to try it. (Trust us - we're well experienced with fussy babies!)

Mama Lutz said...

Yes, you do have beautiful babies! So glad to hear that Charlotte is making good progress. Let's have more of that!