Monday, April 20, 2009

Another Update

We got the results from the Holt-Oram test today...normal. This, however, does not mean that she does not have Holt-Oram. Apparently, they tested the more common gene that shows Holt-Oram. There are two others. We're not sure if the doctor is going to pursue that route or look in another direction or what. Our actual genetic appointment isn't for several more weeks. At this point, we're really just looking for an explanation, so I suppose there's no need to be in a hurry. All of her other tests have come back normal, and she's a healthy, thriving little girl. "Wait" is always a hard thing to hear though. On the fussy front, losing the dairy in my diet seems to be making a huge difference. I gave myself a dairy-day two weeks ago that resulted in lots of extra screaming and a vicious diaper rash. So here's saying goodbye to tall glasses of cold milk, Dairy Queen blizzards, grilled cheese sandwiches, and pretty much every darn cookie on the cookie aisle. If you have any great recipes that don't involve dairy, please send them my way.

2 comments:

em and pete said...

We have to get together...I'll give you a whole bunch of dairy-less recipes...and by the way, there are some good brands of tofu ice-cream...yep, I did just say tofu ice-cream. :)

Michelle said...

Benjamin is cow's milk free... have you tried other varies of milk to see what happens? I can substitute soy milk for any regular milk recipe and it comes out just great. Soy milk will not set pudding though unfortunately.