Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Talking to Jesus

Owen (from his doorway): Mom! Mom!
Christy (appearing stage left): Yes, Owen?
Owen (staring around blankly): ummmm...Mom, my play-doh is missing
Christy (increasingly aggitated): Do you know what time it is?
Owen holds up some fingers
Christy: No, it's quiet time. What does that mean?
Owen: Mom, I'm telling you about my play-doh.
Christy: I don't want to talk about play-doh right now, it's quiet time.
Owen: I'm not talking to YOU about my play-doh...I'm talking to Geee-sus. I'm talking to Jesus about my play-doh, not you.

2 comments:

Jason and Carla Ledford said...

Love, love LOVE this!!! Do you do your quiet time while Owen is awake?! Have you just trained him to leave you be? If this is indeed the case, I need step-by-step instructions!!!

Christy said...

I don't usually attempt to read my Bible or do any lengthy praying while Owen is awake (unless I've been a slacker and have to hurry up and prepare for the small group I lead b/c they're coming over in two hours). Getting him to leave me alone for an extended period of time is akin to parting the Red Sea. However, the other day I was feeling a bit sad about some news I had received. Owen noticed and asked me if I was sad. I said yes, and that I was going to take a little time to pray. To which he responded, "I'm going to pray, too." Makes my soul smile.