Monday, May 26, 2008

I Love My Neighborhood

I must say that this picture isn't exactly the quality camerawork I usually aim for, but it's tough getting a good shot of your friends while they eat. We had our favorite neighbors over tonight for dinner. I love our neighborhood. I love that these wonderful people live within 100 yards of our front door. I love that I can knock on Rikki's door pretty much any afternoon, be welcomed in, given a glass of Dr. Pepper or sweet tea, and just talk while our kids play on the floor. I love that we have watched Steve & Lisa's daughter grow from an infant into this wonderful little girl who enthralls our son. I love that we can all gather around a table and share life together. It doesn't matter that none of the food was ready at the same time, or that the table was some sad fold-up without a table cloth, or that my bathroom was dirty, or that I had cilantro butter on the front of my shirt. We enjoyed a beautiful day, we ate good food, we laughed. I feel truly blessed.

1 comment:

Emsamum said...

Hey, here are the addresses for my blogs. www.thewashing.net, and http://family.monkeytroy.com/. I had a great time yesterday at the shower.