Monday, July 27, 2009

Freud

We have a slight problem. Owen is going through the Oedipal stage. "I want Mommy to make my breakfast. I want Mommy to read my books. I want Mommy, not Daddy!!!" Please make it go away. I tried to look up advice online, but searching for "parenting" and "Oedipal" produces mostly psychoanalysis websites that have absolutely no practical advice. I don't need to know in-depth analysis of Freudian behaviors. I just want to help Owen get through this phase as quickly as possible. Anybody out there have any advice?

5 comments:

Holly said...

sorry, no advice here. but tessa reached for me tonight while justin was feeding her. it was pretty obvious. first time she's ever done that. i think we were both a little shocked!

Teresa said...

Johnny says,let Papaw come up there. Owen always wants Papaw to read.

Emsamum said...

It will pass. My boys went through phases of wanting one of us over the other. Don't fret on it. In a month he'll be all about Will. And as he gets older, he'll be more and more about daddy. That's just boy stuff

Christianne Page said...

Never really had that problem with Evie - she's always been a Daddy's girl. But I remember Addie going through that with MB and Brian a couple different times. It passed.

I say send them out on some dates together! My girls are always more "daddy desiring" after some fun quality time.

Will said...

But that's just it. Girls don't have Oedipal complexes. They have Electra complexes. Evie is secretly plotting your death.