Sunday, December 30, 2007

Lists

If you were to look in my kitchen on any given day, you would likely find a "to do" list on my counter. It would include items that could be accomplished quickly (so that I get the pleasure of marking something off) and items that might take a month to complete. And some days I get the urge to really cross the heck out of that list. But the end of the day comes and only one thing, or maybe nothing, is resolved. And then I get frustrated with myself. I feel unfocused or lazy or irresponsible. What did I spend my day doing? I spent time with a close friend. I played with play-doh. I talked to Will about his day. I read books to my son. I made dinner for my family. And then I wonder, what exactly do I want out of life? Didn't I just describe most of it? I am blessed beyond measure. God has given me far more than I deserve. I'm struggling to redefine "accomplished" in my mind.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I definitely can relate, Christy! It is a struggle, though. What God defines as success and what this world does are two very different things... I try to remind myself that every day.
-Emily