Saturday, May 30, 2009

BBQ and other items of importance

In relation to my post yesterday...

Christy: Why do you ask a question when you already know the answer?
Owen: Because I like to talk.

Also, I made Charlotte laugh a few minutes ago. Almost made me cry.

And now to the reason I wanted to blog...BBQ. Will and I were watching a show on Food Network last night and the subject was barbeque. I watched in horror as they slathered beautifully smoked pork in red, goopy sauces. But then they commited a true offense. They showed someone pouring a dark red sauce on a plate of pulled pork and labeled it as "North Carolina style." Is this some North Carolina in Asia that I don't know about? You know, like Georgia. I have eaten barbeque all over the fine state of North Carolina, and at no point have I ever poured a dark red sauce on that yummy meat. Sure, some of the OPTIONAL vinegary sauces might have a dark hue, but they aren't thick and masking of the barbeque's exquisite smoky goodness. So of course I had to go online and see if there is some new variety of BBQ that I don't know about, which is how I happened upon this. You see, the state of North Carolina takes barbeque so seriously that they are busy discussing it in the House.

Can you tell that I miss my favorite NC food here in Norfolk? And on a related note, here's the song that Will is trying to get Owen to learn next.

3 comments:

Lady Cayt said...

love the song! :) Texas brisket = yum!! :) how sweet about Charlotte laughing, I have yet to get a smile out of Avery ... he's almost there :) enjoy!

Teresa said...

Guess what I had for dinner tonight? You guessed it. Some of that good old Bar-B-Que that you love so much. If I could figure out a way, I would mail you some from Country BBQ.
ps. I wouldn't forget to mail peach cobbler for dessert.

Amanda said...

I had BBQ from Carter Brothers last night and thought about you. :)