Monday, May 11, 2009

The Cold Side

Owen has a bedtime routine. Put on pajamas, brush teeth, read two books, pray, go to sleep. My favorite part, of course, is curling up in his bed with him and reading together. Tonight, I had just finished the books and was about to pray when Owen said, "Wait! I have to turn my pillow." He flipped his pillow over and lay down with a smile. This aroused my curiosity, so I asked why he had to do that. His reply was, "Because I like it cold." I just had to laugh. I never would have thought that a three year old could appreciate the difference between a warm and cold pillow. I smiled and told him that I like my pillow cold too.

1 comment:

Emsamum said...

Two of my cousins and I are the same way. One of 'em called it cold mess. Couldn't sleep without her cold mess. Too cute.