Sunday, May 3, 2009

Chocolate Yoohoo

In the ongoing battle with poop, we have a temporary solution. Owen will go in the potty if he is not clothed. This means that if you drop by my house any given afternoon (he can wear clothes in the morning because he's not a morning pooper), you will find Owen minus pants. This has gone very smoothly as long as you don't count the following situations:
-Ninth grade girl drops by my house to pick up something. I hurry to meet her in the yard so as to avoid awkwardness. I turn around to go inside and find Owen on the front porch, waving, exposed. Ninth grade girl's mom stares incredulously.
-Lunch time today. Chocolate cake for dessert. Owen is not a pro at eating anything with icing. Icing all over his face, hands, arms, and.... Oh well. That's what washcloths are for.

On an entirely different note, I have a question. Will and I were at Baxter's (a sports bar) last night. We ate dinner and then asked our waitress about renting a pool table for an hour. She said she would transfer our bill "over there" so that we could pay all at once. When we got to the table a different waitress approached who asked if we needed anything, to which we replied "no." When we were ready to leave I asked Waitress #1 if our tip would go to her, and she said "no, it will go to [Waitress #2]." In my opinion (as a former waitress), this is total crap, but Will assured me that all is fair in tips and the sports bar. I thought we should have left our tip off of the credit card and given Waitress #1 a cash tip. What do you think?

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'm with you, cash tip to waitress #1

Will said...

You could cash tip waitress #1, and that would be nice, but that would throw out the balance of tip fairness land. You see, waitress #2, was waiting a table once and lost her tip to waitress #1 who was over by the pool tables, and I guarantee that was a much better tip than waitress #2 got last night. Since you and beardyface are not your typical sports bar customers, my guess is every customer in the joint last night spent more than you did.

Christianne Page said...

So by "Chocolate Yoohoo" you mean... mmm, nice. I'm not sure I will ever look at chocolate cake the same way. (Who am I kidding? I love chocolate cake and nothing is going to change that. Speaking of which, why on earth did you have chocolate cake at your house and not invite me?!?)