Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pork Fat

For those who don't know, this is Charlie, our other child. He was our only child for four years. Unfortunately, for him, he was given the back seat a little over two years ago. Less petting, less walking, less brushing, less bathing, less playing. We're bad parents, I know. But apparently I decided to make up for all that neglect today by leaving a cup full of pork fat on the kitchen counter. Why would you have a cup full of pork fat on the counter, Christy, you say? I decided to try my hand at making North Carolina style BBQ the other day (the best kind of BBQ). This makes an obscene amount of fat. Said fat gets skimmed off the top of the leftover juices, and then you make yummy sauce (we'll pretend that I got all of the fat and that the BBQ did NOT in fact have 10000 calories in it). Of course this fat is very hot and not something you should pour down your drain, so I left it on the counter to cool. Being the procrastinator that I am, three days later I am still successfully ignoring the cup of fat. But not my dog. He's just biding his time, waiting for the perfect opportunity to steal that puppy off the counter and gobble down a whole stinking cup of fat. And that time was tonight, while the family was away for dinner. So let's all pray that giant amounts of fat do not harm 75 pound dogs, because, despite our behavior for the past two years, we really do love him very much.


3 comments:

Holly said...

oh charlie. i like that we both blogged about our dogs this week.

Teresa said...

Remember the time he ate the whole chicken carcass at my house? This did not hurt him. His thoughts probably were, "Hey, if they won't give me any BBQ then I will take what I can get". I Love you Charlie.

Christianne Page said...

first, this is dave. Second, Charlie has eaten AT LEAST several easter chocolate eggs, a loaf of bread, a batch of cookies, some brownies, and possibly a child while staying at our house.

Evelyn really loved her sister...oh well, as long as Charlie is well fed.