Friday, February 1, 2008

It's cold, you better dry your hair!

Oh, we've heard it all before. It's winter and I don't have any more time in the morning to dry my hair than I did in the summer, and, in fact, if I decided to run out to my car butt naked right out of the shower, I'd be alright. It's not the cold that makes us sick, nor does it make us more susceptible to being sick. It's being shut up inside when it's cold outside with all you sick people that makes us sick. So if you don't want to get sick this winter, go outside. Get away from the sick people.
I really haven't spent a lot of time pondering all of this. On the other hand, I have noticed that I've been seeing a lot more sick people lately. Not just numbers wise, but more severe illness as well. That is great for my numbers. The higher-ups are counting. But I can't help but realize that winter is bad for the old or sickly. I'm happy to help grandma feel a little bit better when a cold is ailing her, but I hate telling a family that grandma is going to the ICU and at best will likely never be the same. The worst part of my job is the moment right after telling bad news.
So be sure to spend a little time with loved ones, even if it's inside, where all the germs are. And if your loved ones are outside and it's a little chilly, feel free to forego drying your hair.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I really wish you'd stop running out to your car butt naked, by the way. You're scaring the neighbors.

Amanda said...

My mamaw always said I would get sick as a dog if I went out in the cold with my hair wet. Are you saying my mamaw's wrong? I'm telling.