Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Confession

I know that some of you are going to have trouble believing this, but I really think the world should know. It's nothing bad, or wrong. It's just me, and that's what this blog is about...


I'm a dork. It's not like I just realized this. No, I've known for quite a while. It was really solidified during my 3rd year of med school when one of the 4th year students I was working with made the obvious but rarely vocalized statement, "We wouldn't be here right now if we weren't dorks." Hmmm, so obvious it's almost earth shattering. I don't think my wife realized it though until the past couple years. Now there is little doubt. Here's why:


I spend time every day staring at, petting, testing, loving my aquarium. I scour the internet trying to learn more and find the most state-of-the-art equipment to take the box of water to the next level. I yearn for the acceptance of other reef-dorks. I've even posted my tank information on reef-dork forums for others to see and hopefully praise. (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1377099 )
I long for my little aquarium to be "tank-of-the-month" one day.
It's a sickness. I'm ashamed.

4 comments:

Christy said...

I love that you're a dork.

Teresa said...

We love you anyway.

Holly said...

"Fish are friends, not food." -the shark on Nemo

I guess I'll still be your friend. :-)

Amanda said...

Just because you're in med school or are a doctor doesn't mean you're a dork. Just look at McDreamy...he's a stud! Not a dork! (and yes I'm aware that Grey's Anatomy is fictional...I just like to pretend it's real)