Monday, May 5, 2008

Know Your Trains

By the way, I forgot to give you my favorite quote from Owen today. We were playing with his new train this morning. It has an engine and two boxcars. He gave me one of the boxcars to move along the track, while he used the engine. As I moved my boxcar up the hill I said, "Chugga-chugga chugga-chugga, choo-choo!" Owen look at me as if I were a small, confused child, and said "No, no mommy. It doesn't have a choo-choo" while pointing at the engine's...I don't know what it's called...you know, the part where the steam comes out. I couldn't help but laugh. He was right, my boxcar should not be making a "choo-choo" sound. So I returned to pushing my little boxcar, this time humbly saying "chugga-chugga."

2 comments:

Teresa said...

what kind of train does Owen have?
Is it a Thomas? We will have Thomas out for Sunday.

Teresa said...

By the way, I think it is called a smoke stack. choo choo!!!!!