Monday, May 5, 2008

Good Times


Saturday was a fantastic day. I wasn't so sure that would be the case when Owen decided to wake up at 6:45 am (since he usually gets up around 8:00). However, I took the opportunity to head out to a huge neighborhood yard sale in Va Beach. Upon arriving I discovered the one and only thing I was hoping to find at the yard sale, for a stinking dollar. How awesome is that. Then Owen discovered that most houses had toys, so he proceeded to plop himself down in the midst at each new stop and stake claim. There is nothing like spending $4 and bringing home a box full of cool toys (all trucks, cars, and trains of course).

But the most exciting part of the day came Saturday night, when we took Owen to his first baseball game. Perfect weather, ice cream in little plastic baseball caps, Norfolk Tides in the lead...probably more exciting for Will and I than for Owen. But that's okay. He'll grow to love it if he has any of his daddy's genes. The funniest moment by far was when the guy behind us (and numerous others throughout the stadium) yelled "BOO!," and Owen decided that he needed to join in with a resounding "MOO!"

6 comments:

Teresa said...

what did you get for a stinking dollar? It must have been awesome.

julie s said...

don't put it past me to come and take your son. i'd bring him back...but seriously...the kid is adorable! with our red hair...no one would ever ask questions...

Mary said...

Did you save the ice cream hats? I think we have a million that Will saved.

We love the pictures. Please teach Will to take pictures so we can see some of you also.

Holly said...

i second teresa...what did you get for a dollar??? and i love the pic! how fun. owen was being a politically correct fan...mooing is way nicer than booing.

Christy said...

Since I've gotten everyone's curiousity roused...the dollar purchase was for four souffle cups (aka giant ramekins). I had just said the day before that I wanted to try to make chocolate souffles but didn't have the right containers to do so. Apparently God wants me to learn to make souffle.

Christianne Page said...

Oh my goodness. If I didn't KNOW you gave birth to that boy, I would think Will cloned him for some med school homework. Could he possibly look more like his daddy?!? I'm expecting you to pop out a mini-Christy next time around, BTW.