Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Risotto Rocks

For all of you Hell's Kitchen fans who fear that making risotto will result in an angry British man cursing loudly in your face, I'm here to say, it's not that scary. Will and I made Garden Risotto tonight for dinner, and it was yummy. Though I must warn you that it is quite time consuming. As I was on my 18th minute of constant stirring (about 25 total--I had to pass the baton to Will) I declared that I wasn't going to be making any more risotto. However, after tasting it, I had a change of heart. It was even healthy (I threw in a little extra parm...don't want to be a crazy health nut or anything). Oh, and I tackled chocolate souffles the other day, despite my fears (from watching Top Chef) that they would suck. Also very tasty. So don't let those crazy food shows scare you.

3 comments:

Holly said...

you're my cooking hero. and hero in general...

Christianne Page said...

I'm not convinced. I think you'll need to make it for me in order to really get the point across.

Teresa said...

I agree with Christianne. The next time we visit comes to mind. Well maybe not. Your father would starve.